Saving & updating user data offline for later upload

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • I'm working on a project with the following requirements:

• Players should be asked to enter their name and either an email address or contact number
    • Player data should be stored offline locally then the game starts
    • When the game is complete the player's score should be stored with their other data and another player allowed to start
    • All the locally stored offline data should be uploaded later

At the moment I have an index.html for showing the first form and saving the data, then I was planning to link to the game on a game.html page and finally I have an admin.html page for showing offline data and allowing an upload.

Can I use Construct 2 to update the already saved-player data with their score when the game ends? Would it be better to take the name and contact details after the game rather than before? Should I do this data storage in Construct 2 or around it in separate files?

There is no way around the offline requirement I'm afraid.

• What platform are you making the game for?

Actually all saving done by construct2 is done locally and offline, so that would hardly be the issue..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • iPads and a Windows touchscreen. After a bit of experimenting I've noticed that Construct 2 appears to be using localforage for saving data which I'm already using in other areas so that's really good.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)