Saving a 'costume' between 2 layouts in a dress-up game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
75 power-up sound effects; bonus and notification sounds, fanfares, harp glissandi, stabs, clock ticks, etc.
  • I have a 'closet' layout where you can 'dress up' a cactus that I want to bring to my other layout which is the 'shelf'/display layout where you can view your cacti. I'm not sure how I can bring my dressed up cactus from one layout, to my shelf/display layout?

Also, should I be using an array or something to sort my closet items out? I only have a very general idea of what arrays are and have never used one, any help or

direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!!

• When dressed is the cactus still one object? Is it a few sprites attached together?

• When dressed is the cactus still one object? Is it a few sprites attached together?

Yes, the cactus and clothes are separate objects. It's a few sprites attached together.

• Create the costume and place it in the same spot as the head of the cactus.

Let the first frame always be a BLANK IMAGE.

Keep other costume styles in the next frames

-Create a Global Variable for the hat frame

-Every tick set the Hat animation frame to Global Variable Hat_Style. That way Hat_style = 0 is always blank.

-Don't forget to stop hat animation at the start of a layout

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will need to have the cactus and clothing in all layout where it will be used if they are separate sprites.

You can set them to be attached using a global variable that will pass information between layouts.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)