Save/load function

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • KaMiZoTo

of course i dont mind man :]

i still figuring out how dictionaries work but they pretty much do the same thing as variables, but you actually can organize it better because as a separated file you can download it as you load the game

so what you have to do is put a dictionary on the bonus or in the character and give it a default key value, lets say if the player have the bonus then the value is 1, if dont then is 0.

you can make the same thing with a global var to check if the player have or not the bonus so you can make the bonus desappear in the game map, but probrably you have to make a event to store the data and call it on load; i think with a dictionay you can do that

maybe the manual explain it better than me, my engrish is terrible:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/140/dictionary

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • valdarko Well I can't add a dictionary to an object. It's not a behavior, it's a project object. I don't know how to use the dictionary to say something like :"Hey, you see that instance bonus I've just collide with? Please remember it to destroy it next time.".

I can do it with a global but I will have to do so many events for that. :(

The Save/load feature is interesting for that work. BUT as it remembers quite everything, I discovered very strange ingame behaviors when I update my level design or include new objetcs. That can be a real issue for patching the game. And I still havedifficulties to autorize a modification in the main title options without overwriting it because of the state load on another layout.

So I'm a little scared about that state save and if there's a alternative other than globals, that could be cool. :)

• KaMiZoTo

to add a dictionary to a object you have to make that object a container

i dont know really if this gonna work since i have not tested, but i think the issue is to make the information be saved and load properly. maybe some one more experienced can answer this one, i want to know how to make a good save/load too

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)