Resize a tilemap object without affecting drawn tiles

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hello, a question about the tilemap object.

When I change the map size the tiles are displaced but I need the tiles remain in place.

After the left enlarged.

I mean I need to resize the tilemap without affecting the position of the tiles drawn.

Can this be done ?, How ?.

• There are two solutions :

1- When you place the tilemap, don't work on it first, but crop it perfectly before using it

2- Make the tilemap with a program like "Tiled", you will be able to edit it freely

• Know tiled but then have to import a TMX file using a plugin, if I'm right.

What happens is that not quite understand the operation of this plugin, maybe later ask the author of the plugin.

The plugin which I refer is rex.tmx_importerV2.

For now I will continue moving forward with the first tip.

¡Thanks!.

• Your problem seems to be the opposite of what you are saying..

The tiles arent displaced, they still start counting from the top left as intended..

• You may be some confusion with my English, sorry, I try to do the best I can.

The problem is that, for example, if I start to create a map in the lower right corner and later need to enlarge it to the left, then the tiles are moved when I add space to the left.

Tiled has the characteristic that when resize the map, lets you keep focused.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep that's just the way the tilemap editor works unfortunately. But no you don't need an import plugin. You might need to expand the tilemap editor window but there is a button to import tmx right into the tilemap you are working on.

• Yep that's just the way the tilemap editor works unfortunately. But no you don't need an import plugin. You might need to expand the tilemap editor window but there is a button to import tmx right into the tilemap you are working on.

Ah, I've seen that button, thank you!.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)