Reset sprite positions without restarting frame?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hey Construct Community,

Is there an event that can reset the position of a sprite without restarting the frame? Right now I have spawn points that the sprites can set their positions to, but I need to reset a lot of sprites and can't have too many spawn points in each frame.

• Use instance variable call it ID , and then for each sprite (or instance of same sprite) add 1. Add array plugin, and add the following: On start of layout ==> set array XY : X = sprite.ID Y: 1

X value: sprite.X

Y value : Sprite.Y

Hope it helps, try it out

• Naji, Set up the array with relation to the instance variable but couldn't figure out how to reset the values of the array and instance variable.

• Naji, Set up the array with relation to the instance variable but couldn't figure out how to reset the values of the array and instance variable.

When do you want to reset values of the array?? please be specific to help you out

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm trying to reset the sprite to it's original position after an event moves it (a platform that falls when the player lands on it, but resets when the player dies).

• What about multiple sprite positions from on sprite? I have a cave where I want to reset the stalactites from one sprite. How would I set the array?

What I have so far--

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)