RegexMatch value compare with other value

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I try to compare the value ( which i get from RegexMatchAt expression and set as text to a text object ) with another value.

if the the values are equal it trigger another object to Visible .

but it dont work.

Here is my event sheet system:

At first i add File Reader to read a text file (Set text Text bOx)

then i use the RegexMatchAt expression to get data from the Text Box and set the data to Text1.( Working Fine)

I add Dictionary key "test" with value "myname"(working)

after that i compare the Text1 data with with the dictionary key value as trigger to visible the textbox

but do not work.

can anyone help me to solve it?

• please someone help me please

• Output both things you are trying to compare on a text object, are both results as expected?

Are you comparing numbers? Might need to cast to string if one is a string and one is an int.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • see the screenshot. both value are same. but when i compare A=B as trigger to Visible Textbox. its not work.

a snapshot from my event:

IndieKiwi

• is it possible? if possible please help me...

• Seems like you are comparing UserId.text with MyID.text..

When this is right on the moment the text changes of your object under event 15 - Advanced text will be set to visible..

• yes bro. i want to do it. but it not work though Useris.text & Myid.text has same value

LittleStain

• Seems like it could be these things:

If Useris.text & Myid.text are the same and the object doesn't become visible:

Either the text of the first object doesn't change

Or the object you are trying to set visible is already visible..

One other option is that a different event is setting the object invisible again in the same tick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)