Regarding Graphics and Performance?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Thank's Rabenmutter

Ashley

Is this true :

"Turn off collisions on objects that don't need them"

Would it not be quicker, easier and more...... educational to simply try it and see what happens?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • While we're on sprite objects, if I create a blank (making it invisible) sprite so that an event occurs if a player clicks on it, how much space [& resources] does it use compared to a graphically full sprite?

And is there a better way to do this?

• Well, if an object is invisible (not 0 opacity, has to be properly invisible) it doesn't make draw calls. Also, if you turn collisions off -- and you have to do that, they default to 'on' -- that lowers your overhead.

Even if you aren't testing for collisions with a particular object, just having collisions on can eat up a significant amount of overhead.

• > Thank's Rabenmutter

>

> Ashley

> Is this true :

> "Turn off collisions on objects that don't need them"

>

Would it not be quicker, easier and more...... educational to simply try it and see what happens?

How can i know if i have ton's of objects, particles and sound files !!!

• Thank's Rabenmutter

Ashley

Is this true :

"Turn off collisions on objects that don't need them"

No, it's not true. As of r161 objects which don't have any collisions tested against them do no collision-related work at all, so the option has no effect if you already don't test for collisions on that object.

Even before then it would have made such a tiny difference as to be unlikely to be measurable. As with any performance question, measurement is king: if you cannot measure a performance difference, it either does not affect performance, or has such a small effect as to be ignorable.

Everything likely to affect performance has already been listed in Performance tips. Anything not in that page is not generally something that has a significant effect.

• Thank's Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)