Recovering old project data?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Dynamic, heavy and powerful rock themes. 11 music tracks.
  • I have an old Construct 2 project, but not the project itself, just the server edition. I have all of the graphics, sounds, and music, and I also have data.js. Is there a way I can get the level out of the data.js so I don't have to completely remake it? I have no idea what I'm doing. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Oh, or, alternatively, is there a way I can set the viewport to show the whole level in one canvas so I can export the entire canvas as a .png and then use that as a guide when remaking it? This actually sounds like a more viable method. Thanks again!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct is designed to prevent exactly that. Especially if you used obfuscation of the raw JavaScript.

• So in the time it would take to figure out how the level tiles are stored, I could piece together screenshots of the whole level to create a reference and then just remake it. I was looking forward to working with a raw data format, but since there isn't one, I guess it's best to work smarter, not harder. Thank you for your input!

• So in the time it would take to figure out how the level tiles are stored, I could piece together screenshots of the whole level to create a reference and then just remake it. I was looking forward to working with a raw data format, but since there isn't one, I guess it's best to work smarter, not harder. Thank you for your input!

Yea, sorry, you would have to reverse engineer it logically and take all of the images and import them into a new C2 project, then just begin rebuilding it from the ground up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)