Random Spawn Intervals

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • How do I make a sprite spawn a zombie at a random interval?

Like, it randomly picks a number, for example 6, waits 6 seconds, spawns a zombie, it randomly picks a number again, for example 3, waits 3 seconds, spawns a zombie, etc. etc..

How would I go about doing that?

• Click on the System command 'Every X seconds', and use the syntax "random(10)" for a max interval of 10 seconds.

Then the action would be System, Create Object, and fill in the layer and x,y co-ords

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Using this post, and because I need something similar but I cant find the right logic:

How do I make a random spawn of 4 numbers in 4 different but fixed positions without repeating themselves?

In other way I want them to spawn in a,b,c and d positions randomly but never overlapping.

I found a rudimentary way with a "set position" x=CHOOSE(128,384,640,896) and every time they overlap its forced to choose another place to be. This repeats 4 times for each number. It works but it seems very badly done. It brings me further problems when I want 10 numbers in 10 random fixed positions... its huge!

I have this feeling that this is done with an array, but I don't know how to use it here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)