random spawn and set number

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on numbers in the proper order and reach the sun!
  • so i want to make a tree grow and when its grown i wanna harvest it, i wanna be able to click and destroy the tree and then spawn at random point the number of trees i destroyd, for exemple, i destroy 2 trees i spawn 2 trees, but whats happening is , i destroy 1 tree it spawns on all spawn points. i want to be able to control how many trees i ahve in the game so i tryed adding treecount to the sprite variable but i cant seem to understand how it works, can someone help me and maybe send me a capx to understand better

• I''m not quite sure what you want here. Are you saying you want to destroy your tree and spawn another one when you destroy it, or do you want to spawn one at a later time ?

• well, i think you have to save the number of trees you've destroyed in a variable

set an ammount of time (or ticks) for the new tree to sprout

set sprout locations

pick a randmo sproutlocation instance

sprout! (create object(tree) instance at sprout location instance which was randomly picked)

substract 1 from the trees to sprout/spawn

be awesome!

harvest

destroy that mofo

add 1 to the trees to be spawned

hope it helps

• I''m not quite sure what you want here. Are you saying you want to destroy your tree and spawn another one when you destroy it, or do you want to spawn one at a later time ?

yes i want to destroy one tree and right after that another one spawns, also appart from that i want to be able to plant my own tree... how can i say this... i want 2 trees to always spawn when i destroy them, and to be able to plant more trees if i want to,you getting this?

• well, i think you have to save the number of trees you've destroyed in a variable

set an ammount of time (or ticks) for the new tree to sprout

set sprout locations

pick a randmo sproutlocation instance

sprout! (create object(tree) instance at sprout location instance which was randomly picked)

substract 1 from the trees to sprout/spawn

be awesome!

harvest

destroy that mofo

add 1 to the trees to be spawned

hope it helps

hmm i dont get it, i get the concept but i dont know the tools very well from construct.. maybe in more detail? or with a capx.. thanks anyways

• Something like this http://www.viewtalker.co.uk/c2/Trees.capx - maintains a count of how many trees there are and makes them to order at a random choice from a spawning point ?

NB: It would be really handy if I could upload files rather than FTP them ....

• ok, its something like

-0--0--0--0--0--0--0

-0--0--0--0--0--0--0

-0--0--0--0--0--0--0

-0--0--0--0--0--0--0

all the 0's are the spawnpoints, which are instances of an object (a sprite for example)

you have to Pick Random Instance of Sprout Point, and when you do, destroy the SproutPoint

then, when you destroy the tree, create a SproutPoint where it was

when you destroy the three, set a global Variable with the numbers of threes you've destroyed

Tree ~double click then

Create Objet Sprout Point tree.x tree.y tree.layer

destroy tree

set TreesToSprout = TreesToSprout +1

every N ticks (where N is the numer of time elapsed)

pick random SproutPoint

create object Tree SproutPoint.Y SproutPoint.layer

destroy SproutPoint

set TreesToSprout = TreesTo Sprout -1

its the most simple i can explain, hope you got it

• Something like this http://www.viewtalker.co.uk/c2/Trees.capx - maintains a count of how many trees there are and makes them to order at a random choice from a spawning point ?

NB: It would be really handy if I could upload files rather than FTP them ....

yes! this is it, thanks a bunch!

i can do something with this now, really thanksfull

• > Something like this http://www.viewtalker.co.uk/c2/Trees.capx - maintains a count of how many trees there are and makes them to order at a random choice from a spawning point ?

>

> NB: It would be really handy if I could upload files rather than FTP them ....

>

yes! this is it, thanks a bunch!

i can do something with this now, really thanksfull

btw it seems like sometimes it spawns on the same spot, how do i make it so it doesnt spawn on the same place ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't try it at the moment, but could do it with tree collides with tree - don't know if this works,if it does reposition it,or in my example deleting the tree will make it appear elsewhere, also this will help balance trees at sdpawn points

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)