Ragdoll Problem

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi. I made a ragdoll, with Physics revolute joint connecting the body to the arms and legs. But when my ragdoll is hit by other object, the conection of the body with the members have a bizarre movement. All parts still connected together, but distant of the others members in movement, like a distance joint. My idea is that after the ragdoll was hit, all the body fall to the ground, but without the parts getting separated.

• have you try to pin them in the body???

• Clarkkentnicdao, yes, but this way the members don't have any movement. /

• Unless you have your settings weird your revolute joint should not come apart when it hits the ground.

Here is a CAPX that shows a revolute joint and when you hit the red arm the joint stays together with the blue box and when you hit the blue box both the red arm and blue box stay together when they hit the ground.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmld7cb7q58iimz/Revolute%20Joint%20Example.capx?dl=0

Make sure you start with your joints close together.

• Lamar, my setting to create the ragdoll is basically the same as your, but when a bullet object with 1200 of speed hit the character, all the parts came apart like a distance joint.

• Lamar, my setting to create the ragdoll is basically the same as your, but when a bullet object with 1200 of speed hit the character, all the parts came apart like a distance joint.

LOL- Well that would do it I guess.

If the joints are too far apart they won't make it back together.

So you could simulate the collision using a milder impulse to your ragdoll instead of the actual impact and that should keep the parts together.

OR you could make all the ragdoll pieces stay within a certain radius using x and y positions so they rehinge after impact.

OR you could slow the bullet down before impact using the X and y of the bullet and ragdoll.

You could also play with the density settings of both bullet and ragdoll to reduce impact effects.

I would give those a try.

• Thank you for the help, LaMar. I will try your ideas, and post here the results.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a thing with physics and revolute joins. For instance, if you add drag & drop to your joints, you'll see how they separate from each other when dragging and if your drag too hard they separate the same way of your example. No solution to that.

• Thank you for the help, LaMar. I will try your ideas, and post here the results.

It's a thing with physics and revolute joins. For instance, if you add drag & drop to your joints, you'll see how they separate from each other when dragging and if your drag too hard they separate the same way of your example. No solution to that.

No solution?

Maybe somebody better tell this ragdoll that:

CAPX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0p4clu9lxar5rs/Ragdoll.capx?dl=0

You can shake, drop and throw that ragdoll off the screen and his joints will come back together.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)