Questions about map creation.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own adventure map with this easy to use asset pack.
  • Hello, everyone!

I just finished creating the sprites for my land-scape oriented (kind-of-isometric) game project, and now I'm working on the map. However, I have a bunch of questions regarding Construct 2's way of rendering and loading maps.

First off: Is it necessary to use tiles to cover the layout? The map in question is an island, so it's not exactly square, and I think that using tiles would kinda ruin how it looks. Speaking of which, the island in question is as big as 3000x1800 px, so I'm not sure if I should actually render an image that big and paste it on the Construct 2 layout screen.

And finally, I want to find a way to put the ocean in the background so it actually looks like an island. I believe that in order to do that, I should create a layer full of ocean tiles and put it behind the layer with the island itself, but I'm not sure if that would work out. My real questions is "how", seeing as the ocean itself would have to be much wider than the island, and I don't know if that would wreck the loading times. I would also like to add the moon and its reflecting light in the background, I don't think tiles would work that well either. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the layer color and make it blue so it looks like a sea.

About the map you can upload 1000 by 1000 px image and stretch it inside C2, but the quality will change.

Or you can make your map with several images and upload it to C2.

Uploading images bigger than 1000 by 1000 px is not a good idea.

• Alright, thanks! I'll post here to let you know how it turns out.

• I divided both backgrounds (ocean and island) in 1000x1000 pictures, but I don't know how to add them to the project. Do I need to add several Tiled Backgrounds in order to do it, or is there an easier way?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)