Problem with the Game Fonts

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • So I made a Game with a font called "Virtual DJ", when I exported this project and I played it in another computer , the font changed to "Times New Roman" (I think) so the game was worst.

Then I changed the font to "Tw Cen MT" because i thought that was a problem of the Virtual DJ font, but when I tried the game on my smartphone, it was "Times New Roman" again.

How can I make work the font on others computers or Iphones? Is it cause these fonts don't support other devices? Wich one does support?

Thank you,

and sorry about my english.

• The problem is, the true-type font's displayed on a users computer depend on which fonts are installed. When designing anything for the web, this needs to be taken into consideration. Take a look at this post at W3Schools to see a list of "Web safe" fonts:

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_websafe_fonts.asp

To make sure your fonts are not changing when played on different computers, you will need to either:

1- Choose a true-type font that is 100% compatible and installed by default on all systems your game runs on.

2- Switch to a bitmap font. Since bitmap fonts are stored with the game and loaded at run-time, they are always guaranteed to display properly on all systems.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot FragFather,

Can you tell me what is a bitmap font please?

• They're actually called "Sprite Fonts"

• oh allright, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)