Possible to remove the examples and templates?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • This is what I'm trying to do...

I would like to remove the examples and templates from the list when you create a new project.

Deleting the files from the project folder doesn't do the trick. They still show up in the list and when you select one you get an error and the program crashes.

Why do I want this? I want to use Construct 2 in teaching and avoid students using existing templates for their assignments, rather then creating everything from scratch and really understanding the software...

• In the Construct 2 root folder, there is a sub folder called examples, and another sub folder called templates.

I imagine deleting those would do the trick.

• In the main install directory, there's an XML file called "startdlg" which lists out all the examples and templates. Remove the blocks of XML corresponding to the items you'd like removed from the starting dialog.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the main install directory, there's an XML file called "startdlg" which lists out all the examples and templates. Remove the blocks of XML corresponding to the items you'd like removed from the starting dialog.

Thank you so much!

This did the trick. I removed everything apart from:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<startdlg>

<template filename="[empty]">

<name>New empty project</name>

<image>0</image>

<description>Create a new empty platform-neutral project with default settings.</description>

</template>

</startdlg>

And now I only get the template for "New empty project". Which is exactly what I was hoping to achieve!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)