Play Video on iPad

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Explainer Video Sound Kit is an out of the ordinary, comprehensive sound effects toolkit.
  • Hello All,

I want to play a video (mp4, webm, etc) and have my video setup to begin when the play button is tapped. It works as intended on all platforms EXCEPT iPad. As you may know, iPad ignores videos without playback controls and iPad is ignoring my Play button. How can I get iPad to think there are controls or add controls so the video is not ignored? I've searched for a "video player control" type plugin but no luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Slight update:

When I publish the same video from Tumult Hype Pro 3.5 as HTML5, upload to my web server the video DOES play fine on iPhone and iPad. When I publish to HTML5 from Construct 2 the video will NOT play on iPhone or iPad.

Any ideas how I might get this video to play publishing from Construct?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Which iPad model do you own, iPad has very strict limitation on the video codec, video resolution, video bit rate, video frame rate and audio codec, audio bit rate, audio sample rate and audio channels on the file formats played on it, if the MP4 files does not meet the following standard, you will not have a smooth video playback experience:

Video formats requirements:

• H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AACLC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
    • MPEG4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AACLC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
    • Motion JPEG (MJPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Audio formats requirements:

AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)