Platform Character Object Won't Move Past Certain Position

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • CAPX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2za8tfefx5vdeku/MrStickV1-2.capx

NOTE: Use keys A and D to move left and right respectively.

I have a suspicion that this is related to the use of the latest two beta releases (r167.1/.2), for in the prior beta releases everything was working fine. Another possibility is that it's related to the platform/Solid behavior objects I'm using, too. I don't know...these are just my guesses.

What's happening is that when my platform character (Mr Stick; represented by MrStickBox which actually has the Platform behavior) goes a certain distance to the right, the sprite stops moving, but in the Debugger, you can clearly see that the X value for the object is increasing, showing that it should be moving to the right on-screen.

I have checked behavior parameters, events on all event sheets, layout parameters, layer parameters. Just about everything I can think of and I don't see WHY it's getting stuck when I reach a certain distance to the right.

Thank you for any suggestions or resolutions.

• It's because you have ScrollTo but no background as reference (and your platform/floor is on the HUD layer). Place a tiled background in behind and you'll see what's going on.

• blackhornet - Ah, okay! But I'm confused: What does not having a background have to do with it?

• Because you can't see that it is scrolling. If the background had been there, you would have seen what was going on immediately.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I see it. Such a silly mistake. I knew better. Thanks for your help in catching that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)