Pick a variable name based on loopindex?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Why are there 5 clones of everything? I think that's your first problem.

• 5 clones why? waste of cpu processing time

• Why are there 5 clones of everything? I think that's your first problem.

Well, there's 5 different rays to find 5 different rays of hit points, but I've tidied the code down to using one set of events based on loopindexes.

• But think about it. You started with one object. You clone that 5 times, and then use a Family to bundle those together as if they are one object type again. You've just made your life so much harder.

My suggestion is to just have one of everything, you create five instances, giving each an ID, from 0 to 4. Now you can pick any of those by the imagepoint #. This simplifies things greatly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • But think about it. You started with one object. You clone that 5 times, and then use a Family to bundle those together as if they are one object type again. You've just made your life so much harder.

My suggestion is to just have one of everything, you create five instances, giving each an ID, from 0 to 4. Now you can pick any of those by the imagepoint #. This simplifies things greatly.

Ahh yeah, I see what you mean, well those are just debug objects, the actual variables are being used for the tracer start and end points, and it works now with picking families, so I guess it's all solved!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)