Physics collision issue.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hello,

I'm having an issue with the collision detection using the physics behavior. I have circle sprites trimmed all the way down so there is no transparency outside of the circle. I have the collision mask set to circle on all of the objects involved. The problem is that I have moving physics objects, and they seem to trigger the on collision with actions about 5 pixels or so early. It triggers the event, but the objects continue moving toward each other, and then they bounce off. Any Idea what could be causing this? Accuracy is a huge part of this game, so its really throwing a wrench in my plans.

Thank you

Adam

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was just playing with a sample and it seems fairly accurate. Try pulling everything out except a couple test items and see if they work.

I have attached the test I did.

• I was just playing with a sample and it seems fairly accurate. Try pulling everything out except a couple test items and see if they work.

I have attached the test I did.

Hey thanks for the input! I actually just updated the version of Construct I was using, and turned Pixel Rounding on, and that seemed to fix it up. Not sure if it was the pixel rounding, or if something was a little wonky with the unstable version i was using. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)