Particle Pre-Roll?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Snare Drum Hits, Rolls & Fills (8 Drum Types) / 200 Unique Clips + 40 Loops / 11 minutes of audio
  • I have particles running constantly on my layout. However, when the layout loads, it takes a second for the particles to start.

Is there a way to pre-load the particles so they're already running when the layout starts?

• Interesting conundrum! I can't think of a good way to do this, apart from perhaps setting an extremely high rate and speed for an extremely short time at the very start of the layout.

• Does anybody knows a simpler solution than the high rate/speed for a short period of time?

I'll investigate this as well, but something simpler would be nice ^^

• I have particles running constantly on my layout. However, when the layout loads, it takes a second for the particles to start.

Is there a way to pre-load the particles so they're already running when the layout starts?

I never use particles plugin in my projects, I prefer to do manually... but you can "cheat" by making multiple sprite of the particles when the layout start.

or maybe setting the different variable of the plugin at the start...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the asJSON expression.

Add an textbox and a event like this:

Time=1.0 seconds

--- textbox: set text to particles.asjson

The copy the text in the textbox into your favorite text editor and replace all the " with '. Then add " to the beginning and end of it, and select it all and copy it.

Now in your game you can remove the textbox and that event and add a event:

on start of layout

--- particles: load from json ...

Just paste the copied text instead of ... and voila, it starts pre-running.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)