Particle Evolution

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Made to make your earthly productions sound like they’re from out of this world.
  • Hey there,

In my project, on some levels i have a snow effect, made with particles. Now if you move from one level to the next, the snow particles are of course gone and need start all over again. This doesnt look very realistic, as on every new screen the particle starts spreading from zero.

Is there a way to have the particles spreading already on start of a layout, so they dont start from zero?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks in advance!

• You can use the .asJSON expression to get a copy of a object's state, then you can use the "load from json" action to load it later.

One way to utilize that is to save it to a global variable on the end of one layout and load it at the start of another. Or another idea would be to make the object global so it wouldn't be destroyed.

If you don't want the warmup at all then you could temporarily add a edit box and set it's text to the particles.asjson once they cover the screen. Next copy that text to your favorite text editor and replace all the " with '. Then put " around the whole thing, it is now a valid text that can be used expressions. So you can make it load that into the object at the start of the layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow great ideas! Thank you R0J0hound

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)