Paid and free version

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • So I am about to finish my game. I currently have advertisements in my game. I would like to have a free version with ads and a paid version without it. I am using Cocoon js to get it on Android.

My question is. What is the best way to do this?

I was thinking of simply creating one version with ads and one without. Leaving the rest intact. But should I do that with disabling ads in cocoonjs or should I disable them in Construct 2?

Is it best to leave the ID the same so it overwrites one. For example: Somebody tried my free version and decided to get the paid one and it overwrites the free version but keeps the save file.

Thanx in advance for anyone who wants to help me.

Plz excuse me for my english.

• Is it best to leave the ID the same so it overwrites one. For example: Somebody tried my free version and decided to get the paid one and it overwrites the free version but keeps the save file.

As i know, if you want to publish your game to google play or appstore, this will be impossible to do how you want, the user that decided to upgrade to paid version will just download the paid version as a second app, no replacing will be done, all apps uploaded to google play and appstore are always different, there's no way to publish two apps with a same signed ID, it's always different. But, you can upload both apps, free and paid, just make in-app purchase in your free app that will disable the ads.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanx for response. I like your idea. I will try figuring around how to do that. But i might as well create one app with the option to remove ads. How are the experiences with inapp purchases using cocoon js? Is it reliable?

Thanks again for the response

• Thanx for response. I like your idea. I will try figuring around how to do that. But i might as well create one app with the option to remove ads. How are the experiences with inapp purchases using cocoon js? Is it reliable?

Thanks again for the response

Sorry, i never worked with cjs inapp purchases , maybe try searching the forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)