overlapping opacity values.

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • If i have say 2 sprite instances set to 50% opacity and they are overlapping, the overlapping part combines the opacity of each so that area looks 100% opacity. Is there a way to prevent this, some blend mode or something?

Thanks.

• I am pretty sure opacity applies to the entire sprite so any edges that overlap would have that same opacity setting.

You could try a mask effect for a smoother blend or you could fade your sprite edges in the editor so they blend closer to what you want.

I fade the edges in my masks using the eraser in the editor set to something like 10 so it leaves just a hint of the sprite color and then decrease that to 1 as you move to the inner edge where the color should be full.

• Sorry, you missunderstand.

If i make a square sprite and colour it blue and set the objects opacity to 50%, then spawn another one and the two move and overlap, where they overlap each other will appear to be 100% opacity or solid blue, where they arnt overlapping will still appear 50% opacity.

I'm looking for a way so the opacity is maintained at 50% regardless.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, you missunderstand.

If i make a square sprite and colour it blue and set the objects opacity to 50%, then spawn another one and the two move and overlap, where they overlap each other will appear to be 100% opacity or solid blue, where they arnt overlapping will still appear 50% opacity.

I'm looking for a way so the opacity is maintained at 50% regardless.

Thanks.

I didn't misunderstand.

I offered you a way to feather the edges so they blend and that would reduce the effect you are seeing.

• Never mind.

Any one else have any ideas?

Thanks.

• I can post pics to:

Both of those sprites are set to 50% opacity.

Sorry for trying to help you and good luck and have a nice day!

• Anyone else who actually understands have any ideas?

Thanks.

• get them sprites into their own layer and manipulate opacity from the layer properties, instead of sprite's. oh lord, please dont let me be misunderstood.

• lol. I'll give it a try thanks.

• Destination out, we meet again. Cheers for the capx korbaach

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)