Overlapping not working as I wish

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello again.

We have a sprite that is 96px times 96 px, and this cover a block of nine sprites (32 each)

When I am using "System pick overlapping" and then enter the bigger sprite's X and Y as coordinates It wont find ANY sprite overlapping even if there are nine sprites below that.

Are there any better method that is not too taxing on system? (such as collide)

• I wonder if the "overlapping" works by verifying the hotspot and compare it with the other sprite´s hotspot? Then I understand why it won't work.

• Another question:

The "system pick" would not work outside of screen? (damn!)

EDIT: (instead for making monologue)

Apparently it should work on layout. At least I know it is not that. It is ME. haha.

I got a code working now for the overlapping thing. But the whole thing is not behaving as I want. When I test it in orderly fashion, it works but when in more chaotic setting it is .. well, you know.

• The way I understand it, it picks the instance that overlaps a single point with its polygon.

• Interesting and the polygon is set to full frame, so it should work but it won't.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does this help at all?

• blackhornet Thank you, it will help someone. In my case it is static, not moving figure.. exact 96x96, and exact 32x32 tiles under. But I solved it by doing other way, testing the coordinates section for section (9 of them). And this speficic works now.

I now have to battle with everything else.. haha

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)