Organized GUI panels

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Construct the user interface of your game with these universal buttons.
  • Hi, how can I create some kind of organized GUI panels ? I have one area for my panels, and I need few different panels. Eache panel has different buttons, texts etc.

Whats best way of binding all GUI elements of each panel together, so when I need switch to another panel, I wont need to place dozens of objects ? I'd like one element that represent one particular panel, that holds all elements (buttons, texts, sprites), so I can instantiate only that panel element.

I want it because when I have a few panels holding dozens of objects each, I would have complete chaos in my event sheet.

Are there some good tutorials (preferable text - I hate youtube tutorials) about creating GUI in construct ?

• You could probably just use the pin behavior.

At the start of layout

If panelpart overlapping panel

• pin to it
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Arima suggestions works. However I also have a suggestion

reverse it.

Panel over Panel Part

PanelPart.pin to panel

Also it sucks that we don't have open families. Because you will need to do this for every object type(Sprites, Txt, Spritefont...)

I already have this panel gui system working.

• So i have to put all panels outside gaming screen area, initialize panels by pinning, and then when I need to display particular panel, i have to move current panel outside screen, and move another panel into the screen ?

Is there any way of organizing game objects in editors objects panel ? I'am afraid that i end up with hudreds of objects in one single place. Managing all of them will be real hell.

I know there are subfolders, but I cannot check how they work because I'm on free license. I wont spend 100 euros if i dont know construct well - its lot of money for me, and before I spend such sum i need to be sure construct is good tool. For now it seems kind of chaotic and I'm afraid that its not good editor for making bigger games with many of objects.

Can you light up how does look structure of really big projects in construct ?

• Using containers will ease things a bit. You could skip the overlapping bit from Arima's example, if you have the objects associated that way.

Also, a lot of 9-panels can bog things down, especially on mobiles.

Edit:

You can use Arrays in containers as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)