Optimization, Performance HELP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • vtrix : "i do this, system compare tickcount%2 = 0 (checks every 2 ticks)

subevent on collision"

I think you have 1/2 chances to miss the collision like that, it is more overlapping That'll work like this I think

• Aphrodite

I think you have 1/2 chances to miss the collision like that, it is more overlapping That'll work like this I think

i don't think there's a difference, if you only check once per 2 ticks, on collision or is overlapping will have the same result, nothing is checked between ticks, there is certainly more chance to miss the collision in both cases, but in my tests once per 2 ticks is unnoticeable, i have it set even higher, its a tradeoff

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aphrodite

> I think you have 1/2 chances to miss the collision like that, it is more overlapping That'll work like this I think

>

i don't think there's a difference, if you only check once per 2 ticks, on collision or is overlapping will have the same result, nothing is checked between ticks, there is certainly more chance to miss the collision in both cases, but in my tests once per 2 ticks is unnoticeable, i have it set even higher, its a tradeoff

I was just refering to the fact that On collision triggers.. on collision, if the collision happens on one tick that you don't check, it won't register the tick after, but I could be wrong.

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61666915/collisioncheck.capx

Didn't see the reply, i did a small test, it still registers after the "collision" happens, i think on collision is just a triggered "is overlapping"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)