0 Favourites

On Collision Problem

• I want to check the collision between 2 instance with variable Team. If they are not in the same team, the system should check the collision between different team but not the same team. Currently I have more than 10 teams.

For example:

[attachment=0:37bqjz7o][/attachment:37bqjz7o]

Each Army has variable Team and the number in Team represent which team they are in. Lets consider there are 2 teams in this case.

Picking the Team 1 before the On collision condition will filter out the Team 2 and vice versa.

If pick all the teams the system will check the collision between Team 1 and Team 1. My game has 500 instances in each team and checking collison within same team will reduce the performace.

Now I am jammed.

• Create an instance variable "team" then you set a number so it tagged with a team number.

In Events sheet:

On collision with 'same object' AND team not equal to self.team >>> execute some action

• The On collision condition will check the collison between the same team which will reduce performace, i need to pick 2 different teams before checking collision. Eg. Team 1 on collision with Team 2

• Well, your only other choice is to use "overlapping" with and "trigger once"

• Overlapping is also checking the overlap within same team

• I'm not sure if we are understanding each other. I thought you said on collision works but reduces performance of your game?

"overlap" + "trigger once" is the same as "on collision".

Well, now that I think about it, the checking of team might not work because it's the same object.

Using collision or overlap is not your problem. The issue is how to differentiate/determine the team values.

Can't you try using an additional variable?

Add another var called TeamDetector

like all objects that are Team 1 will have TeamDetector values of 1-20

all objects that are Team 2 will have TeamDetector values of 21-40

and so on

If that doesn't work, and you already have them in layout at start (you don't create/spawn them at runtime), check and use all their UID or IID to differentiate them from each other.

I'm just posting from what I think, never tried it myself.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ya, i used For Each loop to do the same thing. But the memory went out, because i manually check them 1 by 1 just like u said. It is nice if C2 can offer a new collision check feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)