NW.js screen resolution

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I'm exporting project for Windows using NW.js. "Window size" in project settings is 1280 x 720. "Fullscreen in browser" parameter set to "Letterbox scale". Game runs on fullscreen at start (browser component requests full screen at start of the game). Question: will game runs on monitors which have lower resolution than 1280 x 720? And what I need to do for my game to support all resolutions fullscreen on Windows? Thank you!

• Answer to me please!

• If you use 'request full screen', it should full screen whatever resolution you use. If you mean you want no black borders, that's about the aspect ratio. If all resolution you use have the same aspect ratio you will have no problems.

Ashley wrote a nice tutorial about that:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

• If you use 'request full screen', it should full screen whatever resolution you use. If you mean you want no black borders, that's about the aspect ratio. If all resolution you use have the same aspect ratio you will have no problems.

Ashley wrote a nice tutorial about that:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

if player's monitor have resolution lower than 1280x720, will game run on his machine? (in my project resolution set to 1280x720)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tried it with a 20000x2000 window size, it launches but not at the good resolution (aka not 20000x2000), further testing might be needed to see if the game is playable in that state.

That was actually a good question as I know some applications won't launch at a lower resolution.

• The game will still run fine on smaller displays. Letterbox scale can scale down as well as up. It works the same as in a browser window which you resize smaller.

• I just tried it with a 20000x2000 window size, it launches but not at the good resolution (aka not 20000x2000), further testing might be needed to see if the game is playable in that state.

That was actually a good question as I know some applications won't launch at a lower resolution.

Thank you!

• The game will still run fine on smaller displays. Letterbox scale can scale down as well as up. It works the same as in a browser window which you resize smaller.

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)