My game doesn't run smooth!

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Okay so on my computer my game plays perfectly okay no jumping at all. After i finished making the game i uploaded it to google play store.

when i downloaded the game it seemed to be very jumpy and unsmooth. When one of the enemies is destroyed it freezes for a split second so i dont know if my spawning is to blame.

I have 4 different types of enemies that spawn. The way i did it was by creating a single sprite with 4 different animations in it.

I've looked over my event sheet and can't see what the problem is???

• If you have any sprites going off screen and you know won't come back, make sure they're getting destroyed, or else they will just count as an extra object on screen, thus creating lagg.

• The sprites initially start offscreen before being spawned and appearing on screen due to the bullet direction. After that they will always collide with the player resulting in a point or game over so I don't have 'detroy outside layout' behaviour for them

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you taken the time and effort to test on mobile first? This is the main issue with problems like these. You stated that performance on your computer is great, that's to be expected. On mobile, well that's where you have to be more concerned about performance with Construct 2.

I suggest you test on mobile. Make changes with your events, possibly change the size of your images, compress them, if you're using particles lessen the rate or size. It could be a range of things.

Also, what did you export with? If you haven't tried already, export your project with CocoonJS and put the ZIP folder on your phone. Download the CocoonJS App Launcher on your phone as well. Launch your game via the App Launcher by selecting Canvas+, when you have the ZIP folder selected. This is for testing, if you wanna compile with CocoonJS, go ahead and do that too, if you wish.

• I exporting from C2 using the android option and then imported it into intel xdk where i exported it from.(is that what you mean)

I'm a little confused on the last bit you mentioned about cocoocJS. Is this a seperate software altogether. I'm a bit of a newbie with all this. can you explain how to zip and put on my phone again?

• Go to the "Export Project" option and select the CocoonJS option. If CocoonJS option is not visible, then right click to show deprecated exporter. Export your project with that, once it's done it will give you a ZIP folder, which is basically your game in a ZIP folder.

If you want more info, since I'm not about to write what Ludei already has on their site. Go ahead and check it out yourself.

https://www.ludei.com/

Ludei is the creator of CocoonJS. You should look into it, Construct 2 has had miscommunication issues in the past but they've gotten things together recently and have a Cocoon: Cordova Inside beta going on.

Although I should mention, that you need either a Personal or Business License to export with CocoonJS.

• usman Haq So i took your advice and went into looking at the software and found a tutorial which explain how to export using cocoonJs and all the steps for signing the app etc.

I am stuck on the very last stage 'Zipalign' the app. Below are two links explaining the last stage.....

1) https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/432/an ... njs?page=4

2) https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/409/cr ... droid-game

Now if you follow the 2nd link and forward the video to 5:55 then you will see that the person opens a new comand through the android SDK folder. I can't find this folder at all on my laptop and I don't know whether it is because the software i downloaded looks to be a updated version of the one they downloaded so perhaps it is stores elsewhere. Please could you direct me as to what i'm meant to do?

• Now if you follow the 2nd link and forward the video to 5:55 then you will see that the person opens a new comand through the android SDK folder. I can't find this folder at all on my laptop and I don't know whether it is because the software i downloaded looks to be a updated version of the one they downloaded so perhaps it is stores elsewhere. Please could you direct me as to what i'm meant to do?

In my computer ZipAlign is here:

C:\Eclipse\sdk\build-tools\22.0.1\zipalign

• I have a problem. The apk signing steps are smoothly. But then I do the zipalign and try to install in cel android, appears the "Application not installed" message. The debug version of Ludei site works well but can not send to google play

• That happened to me, and i was literally 1 whole day trying to fix it

Just delete the last version of your game from the device

• I already deleted the old version when it was an updated game and also test with a game that was never created

• try after deleting text and every tick event

• I deleted the latest version of my device but still the error went on.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)