Mute

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I am adding a mute sounds and music option to my game and i was messing around with the audio mute and unmute options. I was wondering if there is an "easy" way to mute and unmute all sounds, i was thinking about putting all sounds in a group then deactivating the group. But it just seems like there would be a better way that i am missing. i tried searching the forums to no avail. Thanks in advance

• The idea of the group is pretty good.

You can go also with a global variable that you would test before playing any sound.

For example

Press space

..Sub Evt: If Sound = 1 => Action play sound

The group might be a better solution, in the sense that all is gathered in a single place.

In the end, your choice concerning the implementation you prefer.

• Thank you, i like the idea of the global var because i already have a lot of sounds in different groups and did not realize that there was not a mute all function heh. With the global var i could effect sounds over multiple layouts. that is a great idea, thanks Kyatric!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, i dont know if it still helps you or some other one.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2707/fg4m72hf_png.htm

• Yea i ended up using the global variable and setting it to 1 for sound and 0 for no sound, it was a great idea from kyatric. I had alot of sounds in a few different layouts and it allowed me to mute all the sounds without much trouble or having to rearrange

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)