music doesnt play on webview+

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Gameplay Music is a royalty free collection of background music tracks and loops.
  • Hi all,

m testing my app on iOS, iphone5 via latest cocoon launcher on Webview+. I export the app from Construct 2 however my music only plays when minimising my app and then again maximize it. The events in C2 are: on start of layout, play music as tag x at volume "sound variable". When testing on desktop, the music plays as intended however when i test on iphone5, the music doesnt play at the begining. Only after minimising and then maximising. Any suggestions?

• Is it possible you have to touch the screen first before audio start playing ?

• Is it possible you have to touch the screen first before audio start playing ?

I was first thinking the same, but no it doesnt start after any touch :/.

• Could you try and use an action event for playing the music instead of "on start of layout", something like on click sprite play music etc.

check if it starts playing as soon as you click it then.

• Could you try and use an action event for playing the music instead of "on start of layout", something like on click sprite play music etc.

its working weeeeey thx

Just one more thing - what is the best way to have the music loudness changed during play? I have a variable sfx sound and music sound which is basicaly the volume for the different sound tags. However i dont want to have "every tick" event for the loudness to check. And if i change it to something else, it didnt worked so far...

• Just set the volume once when needed, does not need to be every tick.

• Just set the volume once when needed, does not need to be every tick.

Looks like the music is only playing at one volume level on mobile. When i test on desktop, everything works fine. Also the SFX volume adjustment works. But when i export it and try on cocoon launcher, the music just plays at one volume ignoring the reduced Db. Im not sure what can cause this...

• Also everything works fine on Canvas+ but sounds on webview+ behave strangely overal. Do you know by any chance, what is the main difference regarding sounds on Canvas+ and webview+ ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nope, sorry, I am unaware of the differences.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)