Multiplayer question

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello all,

I have quick doubt about multiplayer.

If say I had a multiplayer game which has around 10 peers including host. If the host disconnects for whatever reason, will the multiplayer session be lost for the rest of the peers?

• That depends on how you set up your logic.

In one of my projects, I have it so that one of the peer automatically picks up the host position and the game can continue as it was.

The players simply reconnects to the room they were in and have the layout and state of things remain as they were.

• lennaert

I was thinking of the same thing. I remember in one of the poker games I used to play, there were sometimes pauses during the gameplay whenever someone left. Maybe the game was changing hosts.

I guess each peer saves the room name in a variable, and if the host disconnects, they all reconnect to the room name from the variable.

Thanks for the reply.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lennaert

I was thinking of the same thing. I remember in one of the poker games I used to play, there were sometimes pauses during the gameplay whenever someone left. Maybe the game was changing hosts.

I guess each peer saves the room name in a variable, and if the host disconnects, they all reconnect to the room name from the variable.

Thanks for the reply.

Exactly, and your welcome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)