Multiplayer and animations

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
4 Block Soldiers with different animations, 400x400
  • Update

The problem is peer is not detecting other peer instances. I have object called "peer' (as in manual to prevent errors) and every time peer's connecting another instance of that objects creating at random place (like in manual!). So. I've tried a lot of ways to pick all "peer" instances and change their animations but on host side all's working correctly. On peer's side only current peer's instance picking by the event

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. Practising making multiplayer games. To be sure that all will work correctly, done everything like manual and example shows. But. Peers cannot see other's animations. Only for itself. 4 direction movement, 4 animations. Thanks!

P.S. for host everything is ok. Self animations for peer working too

• Up

• Can't really tell by the screenshot. Have you sync your instance variable?

• Can't really tell by the screenshot. Have you sync your instance variable?

Sure. When I've tried to make animations work based on variable I was syncing them too

• I remember doing animation requires some trigger, I may be wrong, but IIRC I think I make use of "send message" to trigger animation change.

I haven't tried changing animation by instance variable condition, but theoretically it should work. Anyway I'm not sure the best way to create trigger for instance variable change, maybe "compare instance variable" with "trigger once" will work.

• Don't completely understand what I have to do now... Can we talk in skype/icq maybe?

• Up again

• Don't completely understand what I have to do now... Can we talk in skype/icq maybe?

1 on 1 - Put in a job request, or share a capx, screenshots are great, but tell you nothing. And most of the time it is trial and error, trying many different ways... and "we" haven't the time to build a demo to trail and error.

So do a little capx with multiplayer and animations. Strip it down... it will allow others to tinker.

But you are pretty much on your own. Multiplayer is pretty complicated, no matter what you use... and is most definitely advanced.

I am pretty good with most things and I am struggling to get stuff to sync - lol.

Just keep...Tinkering, Just keep tinkering, Just keep tinkering...

• Can we talk in skype/icq maybe?

Nope, I rather discuss this here, knowledge are meant to be shared though.

Don't completely understand what I have to do now...

Well if you understand how made your sprites moves around in MP, you should be able to understand this. It's totally similar in flow and concept. I'll dig up my old file in a bit, see whether I still have it, this one uses send message instead of instance variable.

PS: make use the "@" tag, I don't always remember the threads I replied.

• What duckfaceNinja says, if you want to go the send message route, have a look at the chat demo, or any of the tutorials that ashley did. The ones with chat. The chat sends users input to host using messages. It is a lot easier than syncing, but duckfacninja can correct me if I am wrong, I think it is a little slower, so animation might have a delay.

• Found it.

I just remember that this test was never finished, I never get the animation to be right actually, still have to tinker a bit, I won't spend time on the send message method anymore since it is definitely doable but I'll try out instance variable shortly, see whether it is better or not.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here we go - drive(dot)google(dot)com/file/d/0B8Cc6MKKLdYkY2dfaWdPb1dMZUE/view?usp=sharing

• It is a lot easier than syncing, but duckfaceninja can correct me if I am wrong, I think it is a little slower, so animation might have a delay.

Shockingly, I find using instance variable is much easier than send message, which I did not expect. I'm now certain that instance variable is the way to go for movement animation.

RisenFear

I made a tutorial on this subject. Basically the similar thing with syncing movement, what differs is how to use the setbit/getbit conditions to trigger the animation.

• > It is a lot easier than syncing, but duckfaceninja can correct me if I am wrong, I think it is a little slower, so animation might have a delay.

>

Shockingly, I find using instance variable is much easier than send message, which I did not expect. I'm now certain that instance variable is the way to go for movement animation.

RisenFear

I made a tutorial on this subject. Basically the similar thing with syncing movement, what differs is how to use the setbit/getbit conditions to trigger the animation.

Will have a play around this weekend... very surprising indeed. Might have to change a lot of my existing work - lol.

Nice tutorial. I need to crank out a few in the coming weeks... been meaning too, just end of year time restraints.

• That works! Thanks a lot)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)