Multi-Part Sprites

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Smart UI Part 1 by Epic Stock Media is a one-of-a-kind collection of modern user interface sound effects.
  • I apologize if this is something that has been handled previously. I've looked around the forums and guides and not found what I'm looking for, so I'll try this:

I've seen everything on sprite sheets, as one solid block that's animated, but I'd like to try something more advanced; sprites that are made of several other sprites (sub-sprites?). Think ye-olde Genesis title Vector Man, for the basic use of it.

I'd be interested in trying to animate a sprite that has several segments. A segmented worm for one. And also, I'm trying to figure out how to properly animate a creature that would use it's tail as a grappling hook, and swing from it. The tail would need to stretch, obviously, and move independently of the rest of the sprite.

Is Construct 2 even capable to such things on it's own? Or am I going to have to dip my toes into some hot Java to figure this out? Last time I did any coding, it was for making madlibs in Quick Basic -.-;

I'll be your best friend forever if you can help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)