Moving in 4 directions

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • Good evening,

i would like to ask you guys if any of you had the same problem as mine.

I cannot figure out how i can move my sprite in only 4 directions, or to unfreeze the animation.

I went to the point where i can move left, right, up and down with changing graphics. When i hold righ + down (all combinations) it goes exactly there but the sprite is freezing.

Im attaching the screen.

img11.imageshack.us/img11/5227/9zan.png

I relly need your help guys.

• To remove the freezing try this:

http://imgur.com/0ODGvtV

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 8Direction movement already comes with with movment on direction. So why are you adding extra movement code? As I see it your 8Direction is never used. You should remove the move 1 pixel at angle X. then give your 8Direction an acceleration value say 1500.

so here is what is happening. Your not using 8 direction at all. *direction has it' own math to move the position values of the sprite. Instead your doing a

Onkeyboard then do move. Which has nothign to do with 8 Direction.

But since Keyboard works indenpendently of 8Direction. Pressing 2 direction keys at once will evaulate both to truee. and thus you will get diagnol movement.

that's why it's not working.

RecGames makes a good point. Is your animation walking? and is it set to loop?

Also have you done the first tutorial. Teaches the basic fundamentals or is this a muddle the way through? I found muddling very hard and had to work throught he first tutorials.

• Now all my grpahics are reversed.

But thank you for help.

edit

Fixed. Thank you very much. =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)