move to level to level like Zelda

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • ok....so in the first Zelda game when the player goes to a "door" at the corner of the screen the game would scroll to the next room or level. How do i go from level to level....the scrolling FX is not really needed.   (also how do i make a new level in the same editor screen) thanks....

• I think the better way to make it is setting the Player X and Y everytime he touch the doors.

Don't forget to make save points and set the initial position each time the player save, or, set to save his position when he save the game (can be trick, if the player is near to die and save).

The mechanic behind it is strict like Game Maker, Indie Game Maker and RPG Maker.

• I have no idea what you mean.....is there a tutorial or a .caproj file??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Set up an invisible sprite to detect colission with the door and then use the system command "go to layout"

• Set up an invisible sprite to detect colission with the door and then use the system command "go to layout"

Complete with:

"Player" is overlapping "Invisible Sensor of Door"

"Player" Go To Layout "Layout 2";

"Player" Set initial position X and Y;

"Player" Set position X and Y;

• http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=293&t=76279

onzephyr does it here, in his game Drunken Wizard. I couldn't figure out HOW he did it. But it allowed him to make the level very Zelda 1-like, and then have the screen pan from one room to another.

He was even super nice to have his .capx file there.

Any ideas?

• Using a different layout for each room is the last thing you want to do here o.o;

Someone posted a zelda room + room transition example here a while back, but they didn't use delta time. Might try searching for it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)