Move a sprite with any click like a boolean.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • Hello excuse my english,

I don't understand, i want to move a sprite Y-125 with "any click" and the second "any click" Y+125 for the sprite back in its place.

Like a boolean, i do this.

[attachment=1:1civ5p08][/attachment:1civ5p08]

and this

[attachment=0:1civ5p08][/attachment:1civ5p08]

But the 2 lines in the same time don't works.

with the 2 lines the sprite don't move.

The 2 lines vanish?

I go the wrong way ?

Thanks.

Chris.

• If you set c_haut to 1 then the second code triggers immediately, because then c_haut is 1. You have to structure it another way.

• try -

[attachment=1:1j2iozl8][/attachment:1j2iozl8]

but - instead of a global variable why not add an instance variable (boolean) to your sprite ?

you would get :

[attachment=0:1j2iozl8][/attachment:1j2iozl8]

• This will also not work. Because the first condition will trigger the else statement.

He has to use a boolean and reset it with key release.

I have to go now. I will post a solution later, if the problem then still exists.

• Games

Nope! It's a good solution. The else is bound to the evaluation of the condition it's "elsing", since this evaluation happens before the action, the else will not be triggered.

RamPackWobble

Using a boolean instead of a global number is not equivalent though it might be a better solution in this case. But we can't say without seeing the big picture.

I would guess that you probably want to use a boolean for the semantic (meaning) of a 0/1 switch, but to me it's more because c2 doesn't provide boolean types for globals than for a good design reason.

(To counter c2's flaw, I usually declare two global constant TRUE = 1 and FALSE = 0 and use that in expressions)

• This will also not work. Because the first condition will trigger the else statement.

He has to use a boolean and reset it with key release.

I have to go now. I will post a solution later, if the problem then still exists.

?

[attachment=0:2rizor7m][/attachment:2rizor7m]

[attachment=1:2rizor7m][/attachment:2rizor7m]

Yann - good idea about the TRUE/FALSE globals. I agree about using boolean being different to globals just thought I would offer a possible variation...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot ! i'm going to try

• it's works !

it was missing "esle"

The 2 work but I chose the capx1 without boolean.

Thanks.

• since this evaluation happens before the action, the else will not be triggered

Oh, I didn't know that. You never stop learning.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)