More info on Google Game services and alpha testing plse

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I was live chatting with someone through the google dev console today, and i asked if publishing the google game services will make my game live, even though i am only alpha testing my apk.

They said yes, but someone else said no.

I'm getting an error when i try to login to google play games on mobile, the live chat guy said i would get an error till i publish it. And of course i don't want to make my game live when i still have a few bugs.

Does anyone know if publishing google game services will actually make my game live...er....public?

• Publishing only the game service doesn't make your game live.

Regards

Andy

• Publishing only the game service doesn't make your game live.

Regards

Andy

thanks for the reply Andreas

I'm alpha testing only my apk, not game services. I'm having a problem logging in to google game (get an error box). So i asked this chat guy if the problem could be that i haven't published the game services yet, cause i was under the impression that if i do, along with the apk, it would make it public.

• > Publishing only the game service doesn't make your game live.

>

> Regards

> Andy

>

thanks for the reply Andreas

I'm alpha testing only my apk, not game services. I'm having a problem logging in to google game (get an error box). So i asked this chat guy if the problem could be that i haven't published the game services yet, cause i was under the impression that if i do, along with the apk, it would make it public.

No, even if you release your game in beta / alpha it doesn't appear in the store (if you selected closed beta). The game can only be downloaded via a specific link.

Yes you need to release your game service or you need to set it up ready for testing (select if alpha / beta tester can test the game service).

Best is to configure the game service completely and to release it.

Keep your game in beta / alpha and release it as well. It will not be visible in the store if you have selected "Closed Beta / Alpha".

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... eplaygames

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/p ... y-android/

Regards

Andy

• Thanks again, Andreas

That's what i was wondering. The guy on live chat in google dev console said yes, it would be live, but then he also said they don't normally handle these type of questions. Say what?

So okay, I'm gonna trust ya, brother. You seem like one of the more experienced on here.

But if you're wrong.... we're gonna have to talk.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you do it right, it will work. I always do it this way. Also you can always unpublish and republish your app.

But I ensure nothing

• If you do it right, it will work. I always do it this way. Also you can always unpublish and republish your app.

But I ensure nothing

I Love You

Andreas

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)