Modular Codebase

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Modular Isometric Vehicles Pack fpr Strategy Games.
  • (Answered: Families!)

Kind of a dashing first topic. May be a lack of my pre-planning that is the cause for this question so here goes.

I am building a game that uses resources and inventory. For my question I will use a in game example a pine tree.

My tree has Branches, Pine Cones, Leaves, Boughs, Trunk, Sap, Roots and

My tree has 3 animation states: 1 Happy tree, 2 partially pillaged thinned out tree and third, completely devoid of resource - stump. My tree respawns on a 30 minute timer.

My question is this.

I built my tree as its own event sheet and now I am ready to make a sycamore tree. How can I streamline that process as I expect to have 24 tree types 24 mineral types and 24 shrubs etc etc.

I tried to build my tree as its on "module" of sorts I am wondering if I can tie this sprite / eventsheet / object and system info into a bigger "map" module? IE if theres a bug with tree I know where to find it or if I need to rebuild my floor map I can do that without stripping down my game.

Keep in mind this is day 3 for me on construct so try and keep it semi simplistic.

Families

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check up on Families. They can handle same kind of actions if they are built on that level.

• will do, saw that little folder, wondered about it. Thanks a bunch.

-edit

WOW, just wow...

Amazing!!!

EPIC!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)