Many sprites move as one

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • I've got a row of 10 sprites, and I want them all to spawn at the top of the screen, wait a few seconds, move down into the next row, wait, go active, die, respawn back at square one and just keep repeating this sequence. Problem is I don't know how to make them all move without having 30 different sprites.

• Have you tried having an invisible sprite placed in the direction that you want your 10 sprites to move, and then using a move-toward action/event?

• Have you tried having an invisible sprite placed in the direction that you want your 10 sprites to move, and then using a move-toward action/event?I have not, but I want to have them all spawn back at the top once they're dead. I could do that to have them move down, but is there something that will do both move them down and get them to spawn back when they're destroyed?

• Maybe you could try using families/Containers for such a movement....

alternatively you could be able to use the pin behaviour to pin your sprites to an invisible Controller sprite and move just the Controller downwards...when it reaches the bottom and gets "destroyed" you just Trigger your Actions (i.e. add a value to the score) and set the Controller sprites Location to the top again to "respawn"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe you could try using families/Containers for such a movement....

alternatively you could be able to use the pin behaviour to pin your sprites to an invisible Controller sprite and move just the Controller downwards...when it reaches the bottom and gets "destroyed" you just Trigger your Actions (i.e. add a value to the score) and set the Controller sprites Location to the top again to "respawn"

Wouldn't this require you adjust each and every sprite to be a set distance away from the sprite, unless you have 30 sprites, each assigned to a enemy? I only have the free version.

• Are you thinking Galaxians style do attack get back to formation?

• I've got a row of 10 sprites, and I want them all to spawn at the top of the screen, wait a few seconds, move down into the next row, wait, go active, die, respawn back at square one and just keep repeating this sequence. Problem is I don't know how to make them all move without having 30 different sprites.

Can't you set the enemies to a family then set them to bullet, then set there angle of motion to 270. You can then have an expression like:

Event---> System: enemiesfamily.Y > What Ever Vertical Distance You Choose

Action---> enemiesfamily destroy

Event--->enemiesfamly on destroyed

Action---> create object enemies at position (n,n)

--->set angle of motion to 270

repeat-->10 times

n=the position you want them to respawn at

• > I've got a row of 10 sprites, and I want them all to spawn at the top of the screen, wait a few seconds, move down into the next row, wait, go active, die, respawn back at square one and just keep repeating this sequence. Problem is I don't know how to make them all move without having 30 different sprites.

Can't you set the enemies to a family then set them to bullet, then set there angle of motion to 270. You can then have an expression like:

Event---> System: enemiesfamily.Y > What Ever Vertical Distance You Choose

Action---> enemiesfamily destroy

Event--->enemiesfamly on destroyed

Action---> create object enemies at position (n,n)

--->set angle of motion to 270

repeat-->10 times

n=the position you want them to respawn atFamilies require the full version of C2, so they aren't an option for me.

• Use 1 base sprite, copy and paste. If you want different images, use either different frames or instance variables and different animations.

Set Sprite.Y to Sprite.Y + distance per second * dt

where dt is DeltaTime.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)