Making games run in the background

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi, I'm trying to make a game similar to tap titans. So I was wondering is it possible using Construct to make a game that still runs in the background and saves the progress at the same time

• If there is no interaction between the player and the program, wouldn't everything that is happening be easily calculated?

These calculations could be executed on restart/unpause/refocus, so there would be no need for the program to run in the background (Which is by the way an option not available as often discussed on this forum)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm I'm not really sure what you are talking about since I'm new, but I'll try to figure out the what is the restart/unpause/refocus functions. But in the event where the player closes the application, can the program still be calculating?

• Hmm I'm not really sure what you are talking about since I'm new, but I'll try to figure out the what is the restart/unpause/refocus functions. But in the event where the player closes the application, can the program still be calculating?

If an application is closed it is not running and as such won't perform any calculations..

You could however find out how much time has passed between closing and reopening and do the nescessary calculations (and changes resulting from the time passed) at that time, making it seem like the program has been running all that time..

• Ah I see, alright I kinda see where you are coming from. Thank you so much.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)