Making a constellation (a.k.a connecting the dots)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi!

First of all, thanks for sharing this space to us! Oh, and sorry about my english. :/

Anyway, I'm trying to do a "constellation generator", where you can create a number of stars and create the "lines" to connect each of them. But the result isn't what I want.

I tried to play with the instances ID and stuff, but when I pick some instance and try to draw a line from it, sometimes everything goes random and (I dont know how/why) another one is picked instead.

Well, I think it's easier to see the original file: mediafire.com

Can anyone help me? I've searched for an answer before posting, but...</font>

• <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow! That's exactly what I want! Well, pretty hardcore stuff, but nothing that some hours of study can't solve.

Thanks for the help!</font>

• <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that example a little too "non-specific". I mean, I can't do something like "if the object "blablabla" is overlapping a line, destroy the line and inactivate the capacity of the two nodes that were connected through it to spawn new ones".

My goal is to destroy the "star" if the lines that connect it are destroyed too. For this, I need to work more closely on the instance's UID, right?</font>

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah and you could try to store additional variables in the line objects as they're created, to remember their starting and ending point (+a sky movement variable in your case), and compare that with the position of each star

I can't really help more than linking to a previous thread because I'm not actively using C2 these days and it'll be hard to get back into this particular (headache-y!) project

• scirra.com/FORUM/connecting-instances-with-lines_topic62858.html

upper case gives 404 so just updating link.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)