Making a command line

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • I was attempting to make something similar to a DOS prompt, with a text box and a changeable directory. I was hoping for some tips about how I could go about doing this. My current two problems are as follows:

1. I'm not really sure what to do about the directory and text entry area. I tried just using a changeable text box next to some regular text for the directory, but that has problems with word wrapping and spacing. Is there any way I can get the text box to change width as needed, and keep a constant space between the end of the text and the changeable text box?

2. What would be the best way to get a more DOS looking font? Construct 2 doesn't seem to support any suitable default fonts. I considered Sprite Font, but I don't know how that will effect my first problem. Also, is there any way to change the font of an editable text box?

I'm pretty sure I can figure out the rest of it once I get basic text entry/output set up. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if you want to change the font you will need to do that in your css.

I did this for my project X3. It will be hard to see in your tests though. I posted it in here somewhre before. But basicly. When you exported your game. Add a css file with the font family you wanted in it.

I'll go look for my tutorial again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)