Make player with platform behavior bounce on solid

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello everyone!

This is my very first post here, I tried to find something on the forums about this but I couldn't so I hope you can help me out :)

So what I want is to have a platform player that can bounce on a ground just like a trampoline. So everytime the player jumps on the trampoline he will be pushed a little bit higher than his original maximum height before touching on the trampoline.

This is what I managed to do:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23138239/Trampoline.capx

It bounces perfectly when it doesn't have a solid behavior, but I want it to behave as a solid so the player can't walk through it.

As you can see in the example, I tried to hide a normal solid ground behind it to fake a solid behavior but it doesn't work very well.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem with the solid one is the fact that objects directly adjacent do not count as overlapping.

A good way to do it is to have an invisible detector object,non-solid, extending below the player, always set to the position of the player.

When this overlaps, put in your bounce code.

• I meant to make the event for the solid tramp (trampoline2) be a colision event. Anyway, that doesn't work properly too and I wonder why...

But what you told me to do seems to be working fine, thanks :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)