Make my player not move with moving platforms

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • The way my game works is by keeping the player in the same place and spawning random platforms. But the platform behaviors are built to move the player when they're moving. How can I get around this?

Example

• I think you just need to subtract their velocity from the player's velocity, when he is on one.

• I think you just need to subtract their velocity from the player's velocity, when he is on one.

I wasn't using physics for them, simply X - 3 every tick

• anyone?

• Just make a boolean that goes false when Player is in collision with the moving platforms and add it the all your movement events

" If NotOnMP is false "

Cheers !

• Just make a boolean that goes false when Player is in collision with the moving platforms and add it the all your movement events

" If NotOnMP is false "

Cheers !

The only movement I'm using is jumping, theoretically the player needs to "slide" across it... Could you elaborate?

• Don't Make the player move , make the platform move and add to the platforms the solid behavior !

• Don't Make the player move , make the platform move and add to the platforms the solid behavior !

What, like move all the platforms down, that seems a bit ineffeceint... The platforms have jump through behavior.

I like your use of exclamation!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • your link now 404's so I might have misinterpreted your original post.

I wasn't using physics for them, simply X - 3 every tick

You should check out the manual entry for Delta time ('dt')..

but anyway, have you tried doing the same thing to the player as to the platform?

when the player is on the platform, You can also have player X -3 every tick.

(but read about dt before you do that)

!

• your link now 404's so I might have misinterpreted your original post.

> I wasn't using physics for them, simply X - 3 every tick

You should check out the manual entry for Delta time ('dt')..

but anyway, have you tried doing the same thing to the player as to the platform?

when the player is on the platform, You can also have player X -3 every tick.

(but read about dt before you do that)

!

Tried that but its not very smooth, delta time causes the same problem...

• It's likely you'll get a problem solving response if you post the .capx..

without it, it's hard to tell what is going wrong.

• Ok here it is, I've given the floor the same attributes to show you all what exactly I mean. What I exactly want to do, is make it that the player keeps the same X, regardless of what is is standing on.

Edit: Nevermind Fixed it.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)