Make friction work with a circle collision mask

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Dodge the spikes and collect the gems as you orbit the circle.
  • Every time I use a circle collision mask, friction is completely ignored. I tried reducing bounciness to 0 (and friction to 100, even when I suppose anything above 1 will be 1) in both objects, but the ball completely ignores the friction.

I would do a polygon collision mask, but I want a very big circle interacting, and that just wouldn't work.

dl.dropbox.com/u/41192999/friction0.capx <- capx demonstrating.

PS: I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, otherwise I suppose it's a bug (because a ball should stop down a hill if both have such friction!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had to disable your events as I don't see the issue as it was.

The yellow ball is rolling down the slope since it has a high friction. If the friction were zero then the ball would slip down the slope. Now if you give the ball a high friction and set "Prevent rotation" to yes then the ball won't go down the slope.

Does that help or am I missing the issue?

• OMG, sorry, I kept on editing the same file, let me revert to original... But shouldn't friction prevent rotation? I want it to rotate, but to stop quickly...

I'm going to try what you said and see what happens (and save it in another file, sorry, I reverted this to the original).

Edit:

What I'm really trying to do is make two balls (rotating normally) attract to each other, and once they're in contact, the bigger ball can take the other around. Like a planet carries things and not let them stay in the same point of space.

• Friction does not prevent rotation, it only keep the object from sliding on the object it's touching.

You could apply a torque in the opposite direction as the angular velocity.

+Every Tick

---Sprite2 | Apply Physics torque -0.1*Sprite2.Physics.AngularVelocity

• Thanks! I got it working n__n!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)