Make a scrollable item list w/ where I can drag/drop items?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Use inertion of your movements to throw, rotate your objects and etc. Objects can interact with others while dragging.g
  • Hi all,

I'm new so I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Serial lurker, first time poster.

I'm trying to create a scrollable menu of items, left and right scrolling that scrolls offscreen (phone in portrait view, with the scrolling interface section spanning from left side to right side). I am wanting to put objects (lets call them cards) that I can scroll through left-to-right, but with the individual cards selectable for drag and drop. This seems complicated because I know the scrolling gesture could get confused for the drag-and-drop selection gesture. Any ideas?

I'm thinking I could A) create a scrollable fake menu of cards (not selectable for drag and drop) that renders the drag-and-drop card when I touch a point on that scrolling menu's dummy card or B) have a system of individual cards that are scrollable and also drag-and-drop responsive?

I think my easiest route (right now) would be A) using a scroll object (long rectangle that goes off either side of screen, limiting it to only horizontal scrolling) and pinning some dummy cards to it. When I touch "select" a dummy card, a copy of that card is rendered WITH drag-and-drop capability that I can then drop onto a slot/character/etc. Would there be a better way to go about that?

Any help would be appreciated. I dug through about 15-20 different posts that I could find and some of the beginner stuff, so I apologize if I overlooked some obvious tutorial that highlights this but I couldn't find anything that specifically fit this.

Thanks guys!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)