Lock Screen for Boss Battle

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • So I am developing this 2D platformer and I have big layouts that scroll and zoom and all that. SO that works fine.

Now here is the thing: I want to lock the screen so that it does not move in a boss battle, to confine the boss fight to one single screen. But I don't want to create a new layout for that, i want to lock the screen to a certain position in the new layout.

Is there a simple action for that or is there a special way to do this?

• Personnaly, I will:

-deactivate scrolling with the character (don't know if possible with ScrollTo Behaviour)

-then scroll to the exact position I want

-and finnaly make wall appear at the borders of the screen (just outside the screen), so the can't get out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I made a separate camera object that follows the player.

If you did that, it would just be a matter of changing what the camera follows. You can just set the camera to a position in the center of the room.

• both good ideas, i will try that out :) thank you and sorry for the long reply time I had a helluva week :)

edit:

i tested what I could. There seems to be no way to change the scroll steup BUT the seperate camera object idea works incredibly well and even does more than I incidentally planned on doing, so thanks a lot for this idea it is very much appreciated :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)