Level Start Issues

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • I've tried to figure this out, but I feel pretty dumb right now. Whenever I run a layout separately for levels they work fine. However when I go through the level select screen, complete the first level, I select the second level it appears but nothing happens. I have attached the capx. if anyone wants to take a look. It's a mess though. Thank You.

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Mo ... tch+2.capx

• ok i cant get the files to debug but a couple of question do you have event sheet attached to the layout two. A lot of times i forget to do this.

Did you linked to which layout its suppose to go ? and if you are using a lock level progression such as you cant do level 3 until level 2 is done.

Do you have any missing variable located in the wrong spot of the project such as local variable when it should be global variable ?

I think you linked the files wrong it shouldnt be linking to a home page but rather a download option cant really see what the freak it is and it keep redirecting me to my dropbox account ?

• davyx38 "I select the second level it appears but nothing happens."

I think you should be more specific. It eppears ? What is "it" ?

If you mean when the system bring you to the selected level and the selected layout of the level is in preview but your animation or your character (game) seems like not moving when you press the input key .

Just try to duplicate the layout and rename it to LeveL 2 (optional)

and try it

• davyx38 "I select the second level it appears but nothing happens."

I think you should be more specific. It eppears ? What is "it" ?

If you mean when the system bring you to the selected level and the selected layout of the level is in preview but your animation or your character (game) seems like not moving when you press the input key .

Just try to duplicate the layout and rename it to LeveL 2 (optional)

and try it

• OK I have tried to figure this out, but I'm really lost. The layouts are duplicates with one variable changed for bullet speed. I'm pretty sure I linked each event sheet to each layout and still nothing. Even using the same event sheet does not work. I have attached the link again if anyone wants to take a look at it. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aql4w6py582zi ... .capx?dl=0

• Ok uhhh i downloaded it. Why are you using UID ? That shit never worked and you should be using function call back with variable and secondly why isnt there any form of number or anything to refer to what the level select does all i see is pad lock and pad unlock that doesnt say much

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok new update I took a look at it and i change a few things to get it to work you can re edit it around it Ive even provide comment in the project and if you have any future question you can ask me or the community.

here the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4zyc8jjpagbz ... .capx?dl=1

• Thank you very much, I know it got out of hand which only makes things worse. I was under the impression that the UID was the best route. Anyways thanks again for taking your time to help me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)