Level Editor Is that even possible?!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • So once a momment I think about Level Editor for my game because in game level editor is a super good idea! I ve started making it, but then something gone wrong... I need save/load option for level editor (I mean not Save/load events by System)! I try to use Array but it dont wont to work in new app session! I ve close app, then I open it again, then I press "Load" button (It load Array as JSON by arrays "Load" action). And if I will make it there will be another problem, BIG PROBLEM! If one player create level, than he export it and other players can download it and play it also!

I have no Idea how can i realize this if it even possible!

Thanks and sorry for bad ENG

• If we are talking about a mobile device game.

Surely, if a player creates a level and saves it, then the level will only be playable on the device the level was saved on.

Basically, the array is saved on the users device.

Unless of course, you wish for users to share levels. In which case you are going to need a place to upload the levels on to the internet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If we are talking about a mobile device game.

Surely, if a player creates a level and saves it, then the level will only be playable on the device the level was saved on.

Basically, the array is saved on the users device.

Unless of course, you wish for users to share levels. In which case you are going to need a place to upload the levels on to the internet.

Game will be only for computers (Because C2 is not for mobille devices! REALLY NO because there is 10FPS on new project)/ But why array dont want to load in new app sesion? Maybe I make a mistake somwhere or C2 cannot load Array again? About internet server. Yes I think this is the only way to share levels (Ashley if read this, please do something with level share!!!). But will aray JSON files work on different devices by the same? Thats the question ...

(Sorry for bad ENG again)

• You can load the array from local storage:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/188/local-storage

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)