Let peer players jump in multiplayer?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hi guys, I've gone through the multiplayer tutorials, thought I'd try and make a basic game in which a peer connects to a host, and then both can jump around in a small platforming area. My main problem is that I can't seem to get the joining peer player to set his inputs (for example, he should have the "jump" input state set to 1 by holding space) to send to the host.

I also have another, seemingly unrelated issue where on the peer's version of the game, he sees 4 characters (and 4 floating username texts) where he should just see the one for himself and one for the host. I'm thinking this has to be related to how the nametags for each character are part of a container with the character, and somehow, when the peer's character spawns, it spawns the nametag, and that accidentally spawns another nametag? I guess I don't have a full grasp on containers either.

Any advice or ideas you can offer would be super appreciated! Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4IwldCUTKJT3hFNlNVMEJqaHM/view?usp=sharing

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)